Dock Student-Athletes and Parents:
I hope your summer is going well and that you are enjoying getting out and about a bit more as the local Covid-19 conditions and restrictions have improved in our favor!
Along with these changes, and as of June 10, Governor Wolf has given us the go ahead to begin sport training on campus and in person! This is wonderful news and we want to continue to engage the necessary distancing practices to manage in favor of our health and safety through the summer months. With that said, we have put together a Dock Athletic Health and Safety Plan for our summer training, which all schools have been mandated to do by Governor Wolf.
You are receiving this letter because your coach is doing organized summer training sessions with a team you are committed to for the upcoming 2020-21 school year. For the next month and a half, our Dock teams will be participating in organized training sessions only and will not be competing with other teams in league or tournament play. Our objectives for this short window are to provide skill building, conditioning and socialization with teammates and coaches. We want to do all we can to be in the game but not to the point we are at greater risk of not being able to play our sport season next year.
With that said, I would like to highlight the following:
- Dock Athletic Health and Safety Plan – Please take time to read!
- Schedule – Your coach will inform you of your training schedule for the summer.
- Student-Athlete Checklist –Must read and follow in preparation for training session.
- Participation Waiver – Must sign and hand in at your first training session.
- Daily Screening – Wear mask and know the answers to all three questions –see plan.
- Always Bring to Training Session – Mask, your water/drink with your name on it.
- Parents/Guardians/Spectators – see pgs. 6/7 of Athletic Health and Safety Plan.
I/We appreciate you working with us through our summer approach of navigating through Covid-19 while participating in sports. Your coach will give you further details and am sure a worthwhile experience improving your game and building team chemistry!
Hoping for the best and hoping for three fine sport seasons in 2020-21!
Tim Ehst, Athletic Director